Talks shall be held to determine if motion is required to sort out the unfold of coronavirus instances within the Glasgow space, Nicola Sturgeon has stated.
The primary minister stated 66 of the 154 new instances reported in Scotland had been within the Higher Glasgow and Clyde space.
She stated this was “inflicting us some concern” and that additional evaluation was being carried out.
Ms Sturgeon will chair a gathering of the Scottish authorities’s resilience committee on Tuesday afternoon.
The primary minister stated it could talk about whether or not “additional motion” is critical to forestall the unfold of the virus.
The most recent figures published by the Scottish government confirmed that 66 new instances had been recorded by NHS Higher Glasgow and Clyde (NHS GGC), whereas 27 had been detected by NHS Lanarkshire.
The speed of latest constructive instances over the primary two weeks in August had averaged eight per day in NHS GGC.
The general determine represents 1.2% of these examined, and brings the full variety of instances to 20,632.
Contact tracing is continuous for recognized clusters in Glasgow, Forth Valley and the Highlands.
Might Glasgow and its surrounding areas face new lockdown guidelines?
- The primary minister’s concern stems from the hovering numbers of constructive instances taking NHS GGC nearer to the identical level the place native restrictions had been launched in Aberdeen.
- In a paper submitted to its 25 August board assembly, NHS GGC factors out the native lockdown in Aberdeen was triggered at about 30 instances per day, the equal to a charge of 14 instances per 100,000 inhabitants.
- An analogous incidence inside NHS GGC would equate to 84 instances notified on a single day – 18 greater than the newest variety of every day instances reported on Tuesday.
- The well being board, in response to its 25 August board paper, was planning to make sure capability in its check and shield crew for a mean of 40 every day instances with a every day variation able to responding to a spike of as much as 80 instances.
- Any contemporary restrictions on the NHS GGC space are important as a result of it serves 1.14 million folks, about 20% of Scotland’s complete inhabitants, and masking six native council areas – East Dunbartonshire, East Renfrewshire, Glasgow Metropolis, Inverclyde, Renfrewshire and West Dunbartonshire.
- Lockdowns have additionally been launched in locations with comparable populations to Higher Glasgow. In July, measures had been put in place in Higher Manchester to cease separate households mixing. The varieties of restrictions assorted from space to space and at the moment are being lifted despite concerns about recent spikes.
- The Higher Glasgow space has seen numerous localised clusters in latest weeks together with ones in a pharmacy, faculties and Low Moss jail.